If you own a Gosund Mini Smart Plug or Gosund wp3 smart plug and you are not able to connect it, you will have to restore the proper of the smart plug. To do that, you will have to factory reset it.
In order to hard reset your Gosund Smart Plug, follow the steps provided and you will be done in no time.
Things to know before you Reset your Gosund Smart Plug
- Once you reset your Gosund Smart Plug, you will lose all the stored information on the smart plug like wifi network, Google accounts liked to the WiFi.
- Once the factory reset is done, you won’t be able to control the Gosund smart plug via the app remotely. This is because the smart plug gets disconnected from the WiFi network. You will have to set up the plug again to start controlling it via the app.
- Since all the information about smart assistants like Alexa and Google Home is lost after resetting, you will have to add the smart plug again to Alexa and Google Home as a new device.
Steps to Reset a Gosund Smart Plug
If you are still getting the same error, try to reset your Gosund smart plug. Resetting will delete all the stored information on the plug and you will have to set it up again from scratch.
To reset your Gosund smart plug, follow the steps provided below.
- To begin, double-check that your plug is properly connected to your WiFi network.
- When you connect a Gosund Smart Plug to a power outlet in your room, the action button at the plug’s right end will light up (once or twice) and then flash blue or go off completely.
- There is a button beneath the light that is not blinking. Press the button and hold the press for 5 to 10 seconds unless the light starts blinking blue rapidly.
- The rapid blinking of blue light indicates that the Gosund Smart Plug has entered RESET mode.
- The RESET is now complete. You will need to remove the smart plug from the power source and then plug it in again. When you plug it in again, the blue light will be a consistent one.
How To Fix Gosund wp3 Not Connecting?
There can be several reasons for the “Gosund wp3 Not Connecting” problem. I will list all of them below so that you can check one by one and resolve your issue.
Make Sure the WiFi connection is working
- One of the most common reasons for the Gosund wp3 not connecting problem is a faulty WiFi connection.
- You have to make sure that the WiFi network at your home is working without any glitch.
- You must know that the Gosund wp3 smart plug only works on the 2.4 GHz band. So, your router should be configured to work on the 2.4 GHz band.
- If the setting is fine and the problem still persists, you can reboot your router.
- You can also move your router closer to your Gosund wp3 smart plug.
Factory Reset the Gosund wp3 smart plug
- If fixing WiFi connectivity doesn’t solve your problem, you can try factory resetting your Gosund wp3 smart plug.
- You should be aware that factory resetting will delete all the data and settings on the smart plug.
- You can plug the steps provided above to proceed to a hard factory reset of the Gosund smart plug.
Clearing the App Data
- You will have to clear the app data from time to time to keep the app clutter-free
- To clear the app data, you will have to remove your smart plug device from the Gosund app.
- Once removed, go to app settings and from their tap on storage setting option
- Once there, you will find clear all data.
- Once cleared, open the Gosund app again and log in using your Gosund credentials
- Now, add the Gosund wp3 smart plug to the app again. This might fix your issue.
The Smart Plug is faulty, get a new one.
- If none of the tips above work, there is a chance that your Gosund wp3 smart plug is defective and you might have to change it
- You can contact the customer support team at Gosund and provide them will all the information regarding your issue
- They will try to solve your issue by providing some technical instructions
- If the problem persists, you can request a replacement (within the replacement period) or purchase a new one all by yourself.
Gosund Smart Plug: How do I pair the smart plug with my phone?
- Plug the Gosund smart plug into the outlet on the wall and make sure that the indicator light is blinking quickly
- Now, scan the QR code on the Gosund box and this will lead you to either the iOS App Store or Google Play Store depending on your smartphone
- Download and install the Gosund app on your phone
- Once installed, go to the Gosund app and sign up using your email ID.
- Next, you will be prompted to enter a verification code sent to your email address. Now, create a password for your Gosund account.
- In the app, tap on Add Device and follow the instructions on the screen to complete the pairing process.
- Remember, Gosund works only on the 2.4 GHz WiFi band