So, you want to find out the MAC address of your smart TV. Whether you want to connect your TV to another device, or you just stumbled upon this MAC address thing while looking for an IP address on the internet, finding the mac address on your TV is very simple.
But before that, let us know what is mac address is. What is it used for? Is the mac address and IP address the same? What is the difference between the mac address and the IMEI Number?
Continue reading, I will answer all your queries regarding the mac address.
What Is Mac Address?
A Mac address is a code that does not change and is used to identify your device online. Every device has a Mac address that makes it unique and unalterable. Unlike an IP address, which network or router provides, a Mac address is physical. In other words, when your device connects to a network, the macaddress identifies your devices among others on the same network.
Generally, a mac address is an identification that consists of six groups of two hexadecimal digits. Each group is separated by a hyphen or colon. Mac addresses are hardwired to devices during manufacturing so they cannot be removed or changed without specialized equipment.
What is the Mac address used for?
Do you ever wonder how the data you search for on the internet always seems to end up on your screen and not your friend’s computer? It all has to do with mac addresses and other similar types of data.
The MAC address is a unique identifier that distinguishes one adapter on a network accurately and precisely. It’s also an important part of the usual functioning of network protocols such as TCP/IP. The static nature of MAC addresses makes it more reliable than prior methods for identifying devices on a network. So, if you hear someone talk about hardware and software working together, think about IP addresses and Mac addresses working together.
Here are the steps to find out the Mac address on different Smart TVs. Even if your smart TV is not on this list, I am sure that the steps are very similar to the ones listed below.
How to find Mac Address on Android /Google TV?
- To find Mac Address on Android /Google TV, press the HOME button and select Apps. Then select Help.
- On your Smart TV, Select Status & Diagnostics — Network status and diagnostics.
- Select Status & Diagnostics — View network status.
- Select View network status.
- Select Contact us.
- Select Contact & Support —System Information — MAC Address (Wired)/MAC Address (Wireless).
How to find Mac Address on Samsung TV?
To find out the Mac address on Samsung TV follow the steps:
- Press the home button on your TV remote.
- Go to the main menu.
- Choose Network from the TV Menu.
- Then click on Network settings.
- Select Wireless.
- Connect to Macalester Gadgets wireless network.
- Wireless Mac will be displayed on the TV screen.
How to find Mac Address on Sony TV?
Here I have also listed the steps for older Sony TVs and newer TVs as well.
Find Mac Address For older Sony TVs
- Navigate to the Sony home screen.
- Then use the arrow keys on the remote to go to settings.
- Open settings.
- Then go to Network setup using the arrow keys.
- Click on Wired setup from the menu.
- Select Network Setup – Status.
- The Mac address will appear on the screen.
Find Mac Address For newer Sony TVs.
Go to the home screen on your Newer Sony TV.
- By using the arrow keys, go to settings and open it.
- Scroll till you find and open Preferences.
- Click on Setup.
- Scroll down to Network Setup and press enter.
- Mac address will be displayed on your screen.
How to find Mac Address on LG TV?
Follow these simple steps to find out the Mac address of your LG TV.
- Navigate to the home screen of your LG TV.
- Then select Settings.
- After opening settings, scroll down till you find the network, then open it.
- Select Wi-Fi or Internet Connection.
- Click on Advanced settings.
- Mac address along with other properties will appear on the screen.
How to find Mac Address on Toshiba TV?
These are the simple steps you can follow to find out the Mac address of your Toshiba TV.
- Go to the home screen of your Toshiba TV.
- Scroll till you find settings then open it.
- Click on Device Software.
- Select About.
- Scroll to the network then select it.
- Mac address is listed along with other properties.
How to find Mac Address on Vizio TV?
Finding the mac address of your Vizio TV is similar to other smart TVs. Here are the steps you can follow:
- Click on Menu on your TV remote.
- Use the arrow keys to find Network, then open it.
- After the network connection is displayed, select Manual Setup.
- Mac address appears at the bottom of the IP Settings menu that is displayed on the screen.
How to find Mac Address on TCL Smart TV?
To find out the mac address of your TCL Smart TV, follow these steps.
- Press the home button on your TV remote.
- Navigate to settings.
- Select’ Network’.
- Then click on ‘About’.
- Mac address will appear on the TV screen.
How to find Mac Address on Hisense TV?
If you can’t find the MAC address of your Hisense TV in the box it came in, don’t worry. You can still find out the MAC address by following these steps.
To discover the Mac Address on a Hisense TV, follow these four simple steps:
- Go to the home screen of your TV and click on Settings.
- Scroll down and select Network Setup.
- From the menu, select Wired or Wireless Setup, then press Enter.
- At the bottom of the screen, you should see your Mac’s hardware address.