The MyQ Garage Hub and related devices use LED lights to communicate different states and issues to the user. If you’re trying to understand what the LED lights on your MyQ device are indicating, here is a breakdown of their common meanings:
1. MyQ Smart Garage Hub / MyQ Garage:
- Solid Blue: The MyQ Garage Hub is powered on and ready for setup.
- Blinking Blue: The device is in the Wi-Fi setup mode.
- Solid Green: The MyQ Garage Hub is connected to the internet and is functioning properly.
- Blinking Green: The Hub is sending or receiving a signal.
- Solid Yellow: The Hub is not connected to the internet. There’s a network connection problem.
- Blinking Yellow: The device is trying to connect to the home network.
- Red or Blinking Red: There is an error. This could indicate a problem with sensor alignment, door position, or other issues.
2. MyQ Door Sensor:
- Blinking Green: Sensor battery is good and the sensor is working properly.
- Blinking Red: Low battery warning. It’s time to replace the battery.
- No Light: No battery or the battery is dead.
3. MyQ Internet Gateway:
- Solid Green: The Internet Gateway is powered on.
- Blinking Green: The Gateway is trying to connect to the internet.
- Solid Blue: The Gateway is connected to the internet and is functioning properly.
- Blinking Blue: The Gateway is communicating with a MyQ device (e.g., garage door opener).
- Red or Blinking Red: There is an error. This typically means there’s an issue with the Gateway’s internet connection.
Note: These indications are based on the general behavior of most MyQ devices, but variations might exist depending on the model or any firmware updates. If you’re experiencing issues, it’s a good idea to consult the user manual specific to your model or contact Chamberlain’s customer support.
It’s also worth noting that for some issues, like internet connection problems, you might need to troubleshoot your Wi-Fi network or contact your ISP for assistance. Remember to always ensure safety when working with garage door openers. Ensure the area is clear of obstacles and people, especially when testing or resetting the opener.