Resetting your MyQ garage door opener may be necessary if you encounter technical issues or if you’ve recently changed your Wi-Fi information. Here’s a comprehensive guide on how to reset the MyQ garage door opener in different ways:
1. Factory Reset MyQ Garage Hub / Door Opener: This procedure will erase all programmed settings, including Wi-Fi settings and paired garage doors.
- Locate the Settings button on your MyQ Garage Hub. This is usually a gear icon.
- Press and hold the Settings button until the blue LED starts blinking, typically around 6 seconds.
- Once the LED is blinking, release the Settings button.
- Immediately press and hold the Settings button again until the blue LED goes off, the yellow LED turns on, and then the yellow LED goes off.
- Once both LEDs are off, the MyQ Garage Hub has been reset to factory settings.
2. Reset Wi-Fi on MyQ Garage Hub / Door Opener: This procedure only erases Wi-Fi settings.
- Press and hold the Settings button on your MyQ Garage Hub until the blue LED starts to blink.
- Release the Settings button.
- The MyQ Garage Hub will beep one time indicating the Wi-Fi settings are cleared.
3. Reset MyQ Garage Door Remote: This is for resetting/removing a remote from the opener.
- Press the “Learn” button located on your garage door opener machine; this button might also be labeled “Smart”.
- The LED light next to the button will illuminate.
- Within 30 seconds of pressing the “Learn” button, press and hold the button you want to program on your MyQ remote until the garage door opener light blinks or you hear two clicks.
- To erase all codes from the remote, press and hold the button on the remote until the LED light stops flashing. Release the button. The LED light will blink twice. The remote’s codes are now erased.
4. Reset Password for MyQ App:
- Open the MyQ App.
- Click on “Forgot Password” on the login page.
- Follow the prompts to enter your email.
- Check your email for a password reset link.
- Follow the instructions in the email to reset your password.
- Before resetting, ensure that there are no power or internet connectivity issues as these could be causing the problems you’re experiencing.
- After a factory reset, you will need to reprogram your MyQ Garage Hub to your Wi-Fi network and re-pair it with your garage door opener.
- If you’re consistently facing problems, consider checking if there’s a firmware update available for your MyQ device or contacting their customer support for further assistance.
- Always ensure safety when working with garage door openers. Ensure the area is clear of obstacles and people, especially when testing the opener after a reset.
Note: Always refer to your specific model’s manual as procedures can vary slightly based on the model and the year it was manufactured.