You will have to move to reset your Wemo Smart Plug if the rebooting doesn’t fix the problem. There are two ways you can deploy to reset your Wemo Smart Plug.
- Reset via the Wemo App
- Hard Reset using the Power Button
Reset via the Wemo App
- Open the Wemo app on your smartphone or tablet. Make sure you are logged in with your Wemo account
- Once you are in the app. You will see an “Edit” option. It is present in the upper right-hand corner of the app display. Tap on it.
- Click on your device (for example – Wemo Mini)
- You will see the Reset option. Tap on it.
- Once you tap on the Reset option, you will see three modes of reset.
- Clear Personalized Info – If you want to troubleshoot the issue without losing any of your data
- Change WiFi – if you wish to change the WiFi network name and password
- Factory Reset – if you wish to delete all the settings on the device and bring it back to its default settings
- Choose the option that suits you most and proceed with it.
- You are done resetting the Wemo Mini smart plug from the Wemo App
Hard Reset using the Power Button
- First, Plug your Wemo Mini Smart Plug into a power source socket
- Now, press the power button and hold the press for around 20 seconds until the status light starts flashing white rapidly
- The blinking white light indicates that the Wemo Mini Smart Plug is in reset mode and you can release the hold now
- The reset is complete and all of your data on the device will be deleted
- You will have to reconfigure the app and connect it to your Wemo smart plug again.
How to Reboot Wemo Smart Plug?
It is possible that your Wemo Smart Mini Plug is not working properly with the Wemo app. Before going for any drastic solutions, you should start with a basic one like- Rebooting the smart plug.
To reboot your Wemo Smart Minu Plug you will have to follow the steps given below.
- First, unplug the Wemo smart mini plug from the power socket safely
- Wait for a few seconds
- Plug the smart plug back in the AC power socket.
- Rebooting is complete.
This is not a technical solution but sometimes it works and fixes the issue of the Wemo Smart Plug not responding properly to the Wemo app.
How to Restore a Wemo Smart Mini Plug?
To restore a Wemo Smart Mini Plug means removing all the custom setting information and changing it to the default setting. You can restore a Wemo Smart Mini Plug in two ways-
Restore using the Wemo App
- Go to the Wemo App on your smartphone and select the Edit option
- Choose your device (in this case Wemo Mini)
- Tap on the Reset options
- Click on the Factory reset option among the three options shown
- Your Wemo Smart Mini Plug is now restored to its default settings
Restore using the Wemo Smart Plug
- Unplug the Wemo Mini Smart Plug from the socket
- Press the power button and hold the press for at least 5 seconds
- While pressing, plug the Wemo Smart plug back into the power socket
- When the status light starts flashing white rapidly, release the hold.
- The Restore operation is now complete