Amazon’s Alexa has been increasing in popularity with many homeowners and individuals looking to optimize their daily routine. If you’re someone who owns an LG smart TV and an Amazon Alexa virtual assistant, you can connect the two to gain access to an entirely new way to enjoy your favorite content.
The process of connecting your LG smart TV and Amazon Alexa device is straightforward and simple. There is only one way to connect both devices, so there shouldn’t be much hassle or confusion during the process.
Continue reading to find a detailed explanation of connecting your LG smart TV and Amazon Alexa below.
Connecting your LG Smart TV and Alexa
To begin the process, you’ll first need to download the Amazon Alexa app. The Amazon Alexa app is available for both Android and iOS, so you don’t have to worry about needing a specific kind of smartphone. Once you’ve downloaded the app, you can proceed with the steps listed below.
Steps to connect your LG Smart TV & Amazon Alexa
- Open the Amazon Alexa app and activate the search menu
- Next, you can scroll down and see an entire list of brand and device types compatible with the Amazon Alexa app
- Choose the brand of your TV, and it’s the specific model
- The pairing process will begin and should take no longer than a few minutes
- You may be required to enter a unique code or prompt to complete your smart TV and Amazon Alexa device’s pairing, so keep this in mind.
- If done successfully, your LG smart TV should now display on your TV list within the app.
- Now that your TV has been connected, you need to assign the specific Amazon device that’ll be used along with it
- Locate the navigation menu on the side of the app
- Find your Amazon device and click it
- When a successful connection is established, a light should appear on the device
- Now, ask Alexa to “discover devices,” Alexa will then perform a scan to find compatible devices nearby.
- Once Alexa detects your TV, you’ll see a shortcut to access it in the app.
List of Current LG TV that supports Amazon Alexa
All LG smart TVs with LG AI ThinIQ can connect their device to Amazon Alexa to use voice commands. If you’re unsure whether your LG smart TV is compatible with Amazon Alexa, go online and search using the model number to find out.
Once set-up, you’ll use several voice commands to watch, record, and stream all of your favorite content.
Stream your favorite content using nothing but your voice
Since there is only one way to connect your LG smart TV to Amazon Alexa, there shouldn’t be much confusion about the process. Use the information in this article so you can start controlling your TV using voice commands now.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are all LG smart TVs compatible with Amazon Alexa?
No, only LG smart TVs with LG AI ThinIQ can connect to Amazon Alexa.