Remove Soundbar From Bose Music Account
If you are planning to reset your Bose soundbar, you should remove it from the Bose Music app before resetting it.
After resetting your Bose Soundbar, you can again add it to the Bose Music App.
To remove Bose soundbar from the Bose Music App account, follow the steps given below –
- Open the Bose Music app on your smartphone or tablet
- Tap “Account Settings”, given at the top-right corner of the app screen
- Next, Tap on “Manage Speakers”
- Now, click on “Edit”
- Select your Bose Soundbar that you want to remove from the Bose Music account
- Remove it from the account by tapping on the Delete option
If you are signed in to your Bose Music app via your Amazon account, it may take a while (up to an hour) for Alexa to be removed. To remove Alexa immediately, you can unplug the soundbar from the power source and plug it back in.
Make sure any voice assistant added is removed before you move on to resetting your Bose Soundbar. If you are not sure about it, read through the article and you will know how to do it.
Resetting Bose Soundbar 700
There are two ways you can go about resetting your Bose Soundbar 700.
A soft reset rectifies or corrects small and minor processor errors and bugs. The custom settings are not lost during a soft reset unless indicated otherwise. To perform a soft reset on your Bose soundbar 700, you can follow the following steps-
- Switch off your Bose Soundbar 700
- Unplug the power cord either from the soundbar or the power socket
- If any other accessory (like a bass module or surround speakers) is connected, disconnect their power cords as well.
- Wait for 30 seconds, and then reconnect your Bose soundbar to the power source
- It will take around 30 seconds for the soundbar to reboot.
- Reconnect the accessory modules as well.
- And you are done!
Factory Reset will restore your Bose Soundbar 700 to its original out-of-box configuration or setting. All the custom settings will be cleared and changed back to the factory default configuration. In order to Factory Reset your Bose Soundbar 700, you can follow the steps and you will get it done in no time.
- Make sure that your Bose soundbar 700 is removed from the Bose Music app on your smartphone.
- Power on your Bose soundbar 700
- Find the remote of your Bose Soundbar 700
- Now, Press the Power button along with the Skip forward button together for around 5 seconds
- The light bar on your Bose Soundbar 700 will blink or pulse white and fade into black
- Your Bose Soundbar will reboot now
- After the reset is successfully completed, the light bar on your Bose soundbar 700 will glow solid amber.
Resetting Bose Soundbar 500
If you own a Bose Soundbar 500, you have two viable options for resetting it. You can either perform a soft reset which will fix minor bugs and processor issues or a hard reset which will restore your soundbar to its default factory settings.
- Switch off your Bose Soundbar 500 and remove all the power cords from the soundbar or the power socket.
- Disconnect all the accessories (if any) from the power source or the soundbar.
- Wait for 30 seconds before connecting them back to the power source.
- It will take 30 seconds for the soundbar to reboot and you will be good to go!
Factory or Hard Reset
- Power on your Bose Soundbar 500 and make sure it is removed from your Bose Account
- Using the remote control, press the Power and Skip Forward button simultaneously for five seconds.
- The soundbar will reboot and when the reset is complete, the light bar on your Bose soundbar will glow solid amber in color.
Resetting Bose SoundTouch 300 Soundbar
SoundTouch 300 Soundbar from Bose can be reset using similar steps for other soundbars from Bose. you have two options when it comes to resetting. You can either Soft reset it to save your settings or remove any minor issues from the processor. Or, you can go the Hard Reset way which will clear all the data and settings and make your SoundTouch 300 Soundbar a new device that you bought yesterday.
- Make sure your SoundTouch 300 Soundbar is powered off
- Now, disconnect it from the power source of the outlet
- Remove all the accessories like a bass module or surround speakers from their respective power source.
- Now that everything is disconnected from the power supply, wait for 30 seconds
- After 30 seconds, reconnect them all to their power sources
- The soundbar will reboot in 30 seconds and you are ready to use it again.
Factory or Hard Reset
Factory Reset will clear all the source, volume, and network along with custom audio settings from your SoundTouch 300 Soundbar and restore it to its original factory settings.
- On the respective remote control, press the SoundTouch button
- Now, locate the Teletext button (the rightmost button in the last row of the remote).
- Next, press and hold the Teletext button for 10 seconds until all the LED indicators on the Soundbar blink white
- The soundbar will reboot now and the WiFi LED on the soundbar will glow amber which is the setup mode.
- And you are done!
How to remove Alexa from the Bose Music app before Resetting?
It is important that you disconnect or remove the Alexa app from any of the Bose Soundbar before factory resetting it. In order to do that:
- Go to the Amazon Alexa app on your smartphone and see all the smart devices connected to your Amazon account
- Remove the Bose Soundbar or device that you wish to reset from the available list of devices in the Alexa app
- Your Bose soundbar might appear more than once. You will have to remove all the instances of it.
- If you do not want to use any other Bose speakers with your Amazon account, you can see the installed Skills in the Alexa app and delete the Bose Skill
- Now, open the Bose Music App and remove Alexa from your respective Bose Account.
- Tap the Settings icon in the Bose Music app present in the upper-right corner
- Next Select Voice Assistant and then select Alexa
- Tap on Remove Account
- When asked to confirm, tap on Remove.
- This is how you can remove Alexa from your Bose Music app and proceed to factory reset your Bose soundbar.
How to remove Google Assistant from the Bose Music App before Resetting?
If you have configured Google Assitant as the voice assistant with your Bose Music App and your Bose Soundbar, you will have to remove it before thinking about the Factory Reset of your respective Bose Soundbar. Follow the steps mentioned to remove Google Assistant from the Bose Music app:
- Go to the Bose Music app on your smartphone
- Tap the Settings icon in the upper-right corner of the Bose Music app. If there is a different icon, then you can tap on the My Bose icon in the upper-left corner and select your product of preference.
- Next, tap on Voice Assistant and then tap on Google Assistant
- Now, tap on “Remove Account”
- When prompted again, select “Remove”.