If you’re looking to create an incredible surround sound experience with your JBL Speakers, you’re in luck! It’s actually very simple to connect multiple JBL speakers together. In this blog post, we will discuss the three different ways that you can connect JBL Speakers together. We will also provide instructions on how to do so. So whether you have two JBL Speakers or one hundred, we’ve got you covered!
We all know that JBL Speakers are among the best when it comes to sound quality with powerful bass and superior audio hardware. What makes JBL Speakers more fetching is the fact that you can connect more than two JBL Speakers together and play them in a unison. Yes, you read that right! In fact with some of the JBL Speakers, you can connect around 100 of them together to create a long entertainment system.
Multiple JBL Speakers connect to the same source via similar communication protocols or methods. There are three such communication protocols that JBL offers.
JBL Connect is the oldest technology for connecting multiple JBL speakers together so that the output sound is in a unison. With JBL Connect, you can connect only two JBL Speakers together. The older speakers that use JBL Connect technology are –
- JBL Flip 3
- JBL Clip 2
- JBL Pulse 2
- JBL Xtreme
- JBL Boost TV
- JBL Charge 3
- JBL SB 450
JBL Connect +
JBL Connect is a newer technology or communication protocol that allows you to connect around 100 JBL Speakers together to the same source. With JBL Connect+, the maximum distance between the speakers cannot be more than 30 feet. The list of JBL Speakers with the JBL Connect+ feature are:
- JBL Flip 4
- JBL Xtreme 2
- JBL Pulse 3
- JBL Charge 4
- JBL Boombox
You can also update your JBL Charge 3 via a firmware update from JBL Connect to JBL Connect+.
JBL PartyBoost is similar to JBL Connect+ in terms of the number of JBL Speakers that can be connected together (more than 100 speakers). The difference is that the PartyBoost Technology allows the speakers to be around 60 feet apart and you will still have a great audio experience.
JBL Speakers with JBL PartyBoost Technology are –
- JBL Flip 5
- JBL Clip 4
- JBL Pulse 4
- JBL Charge 5
- JBL Xtreme 3
- JBL Boombox 2
Note: No two speakers with different connection technology are compatible with each other. For example, you cannot connect a JBL Speaker with Connect feature with the one with Connect + or PartyBoost.
How to Connect JBL Speakers together?
If you want to connect multiple JBL speakers together for a party or a celebration, you can follow the detailed steps provided below. These steps work for JBL Speakers with Connect and Connect+ technology.
Power on All JBL Speakers
To start the process of connecting multiple JBL Speakers together, power on all of your JBL Speakers by pressing the power button for a few seconds. The LED light will light up and you will hear a distinct power on notification alert.
Connect All the JBL Speakers to the Source (Smartphone, TV, Tablet, laptop, etc)
Make sure Bluetooth Pairing is enabled. The Bluetooth icon on the speaker will light up white. This usually happens during the powering of your JBL Speakers. Now, Connect all the JBL Speakers to your smartphone,iPad, or another source device. Your source device might have a limit on the number of devices you can connect to it via Bluetooth.
Start playing music from the Source device
Now that all the JBL Speakers are connected to your smartphone or another source device, start playing music from it. You will hear audio coming out from only one of the speakers.
Press the Connect or Connect+ Button on the Playing JBL Speaker
Since only one of the speakers is producing the audio output, it is time to connect it to the other JBL Speakers as well. For that, first press the Connect or Connect+ button on the active or music playing JBL Speaker for a few seconds. The button looks like an hourglass for Connect. And for Connect+ it is an hourglass with a + sign.
Press the Connect or Connect+ button on other JBL Speakers as well
Now it is time to sync other speakers as well. Press the Connect or Connect+ button on other JBL Speakers. Ensure that they are still connected to the source via Bluetooth. And you are done! Now, all the JBL Speakers will play the music but much louder.
With Connect, you can pair only one extra JBL Speaker. But, with Connect+ you can pair as many you like.
How to Connect JBL Speakers Together Using PartyBoost?
If you have the latest version of JBL Speakers, then you will need to know how to connect them together using the PartyBoost feature. It is a little different from connecting via Connect or Connect+. Follow the steps below and you will get the job done in no time.
- Turn on all of the JBL Portable Bluetooth speakers you want to connect to each other.
- Now, Connect one of the JBL Bluetooth speakers to your source device (like iPhone or tablet) via Bluetooth.
- You can confirm the connection by looking at the Bluetooth button on your JBL Speaker and seeing if the LED backlight is on.
- Press the PartyBoost Button on the JBL Speaker that is connected to your source device. It looks like an infinity sign.
- The LED Light Ring around the center buttons(power and Bluetooth buttons) will light up which will confirm that PartyBoost is turned on.
- Now, Press the PartyBoost buttons on the other JBL Speakers you want to connect to. The LED Light Ring around the power and the Bluetooth button with light up.
- At this point, your JBL Speakers are connected via PartyBoost.
- Now, any audio that you play from your source device will automatically play through the other connected PartyBoost speaker as well.
How do I disconnect one JBL speaker from many connected together?
If you want to disconnect one JBL Speakers from many speakers connected together, there are two ways you can do it –
- Simply hold the Connect (or the Connect +, or the PartyBoost) button for a while, and that particular JBL speaker should be disconnected from the rest.
- The second way is even simpler where you can just turn off the device you want to disconnect.
Can I connect JBL Flip and JBL Charge speakers together?
Yes, quite easily. Since both JBL Flip and JBL Charge come with the same “JBL Connect” feature, you can pair them together to enjoy awesome music. You can connect up to 100 JBL Connect enabled speakers together. Simply press the “JBL Connect” button on one speaker and then press the same button on the other speaker you want to connect. And they will be automatically paired together.
Why my JBL speakers do not connect together?
If you fail to connect your JBL speakers together, it is because of any of two reasons:
- The connection technology on your speakers does not match or is not the same. For example, if one of your JBL speakers has a “Connect” feature and the next one has a “Connect+” feature, you cannot connect them together. The story is the same with PartyBoost JBL speakers as well. So make sure that all your JBL speakers have the same connection technology or feature.
- Your speaker is faulty and it needs to be taken to a service center.