Why Are My JBL Headphones Not Turning On After Charging? Here are some possible solutions that have worked for other JBL headphone users. Here are some working solutions to fix the problem of your JBL headphones not turning on.
Charge the Battery Fully
Often, when the battery is completely dead on your JBL Headphones, it will not turn on. You may charge it for a few minutes and start pressing the power button but it will still show no sign of turning on. The trick here is to charge your JBL Headphones for a few hours without any disturbance and check whether it powers on or not.
Another reason behind defective charging could be a damaged charging cable or adapter. So, in this case, the battery on your JBL Headphones is completely fine but fails to charge due to a bad or faulty charging setup. You should check another wire and adapter to confirm the reason behind the problem.
If changing the charging cable and adapter followed by an extended period of charging doesn’t wake up or turn on your JBL Headphones, then it is time to troubleshoot your JBL Headphones.
You can also check the power supply plug as it might be not working properly. If you are using your computer or laptop for charging, make sure it is not in sleep or hibernation mode and should have abundant charge. You can also clean the charging ports for any dust or debris.
Troubleshoot your JBL Headphones
Before you start troubleshooting your JBL Headphones, make sure your JBL Headphones are fully charged. And it is suggested that you wait for a few minutes before turning on your JBL Headphones after you unplug them from the outlet because they do not power on immediately after a full charge.
Another genuine troubleshooting your JBL Headphones is given in a step-by-step way:
- First, press and hold the power button on your JBL Headphones for a few seconds
- Then, you release the button and press the same button thrice consecutively.
- Finally, press the power button again for a longer period unless the LED indicator lights up
- Your JBL Headphones should now power on and function normally.
Reset your JBL Headphones
If after trying a couple of hacks mentioned above, your JBL Headphones are not still turning on, then it is time to reset your JBL Headphones. The reason behind the issue could be a software bug and resetting will remove any kind of bug or errors in the firmware. This way your JBL Headphones will get fixed and will turn on flawlessly.
To reset your JBL Headphones, you can follow these steps –
- Press and hold the Volume Up and Volume Down button on your JBL Headphones until the headphones turn on.
- If it does not work, you can repeat the process 3 to 5 times. This will force-restart your JBL Headphones and they should start functioning normally.
Work with the Buttons
If the manual power button on your JBL Headphones is damaged, it will not turn on your JBL Headphones when you press it. You need to check if the button feels loose when you press it or if it is stuck. You can disassemble your JBL Headphones to check the status of the power button.
You can follow the given steps to carefully open your JBL Headphones and inspect the power button:
- First, locate the power button on your JBL Headphones. It is often provided on the left earcup of the headphones
- Carefully, remove the ear cushions of the left earcup (the location of the power button). Since they are wrapped around the earcups, they can be removed easily by hand without using any tools.
- You will see three screws. Open all of them using a screwdriver. Once the screws come off, you will see the internal setup of your headphones.
- Press the power button and put a drop of WD-40. WD-40 will lubricate the area and remove any rust or moisture from the part.
- Now, put the screws back in their position and tighten them. Reassemble the earcup carefully and put the ear cushion back in its position.
- This hack should fix any unresponsive or loose power button on your JBL Headphones. Wait for a few minutes before turning on your JBL Headphones to try them again.
If the tricks provided do not fix the issue of your JBL Headphones where they are not turning on, you need to consider the fact that the battery might be faulty. In such a situation, you will need to replace the battery with a new one.
You can consult a technician for an expert opinion as there might be a defect in the mainboard of your JBL Headphones. Experts can pinpoint the exact reason for the issue.
If the battery is deemed faulty, you can contact JBL Customer care for new batteries. If the warranty period is still valid for your JBL Headphones, you can ask for a replacement or even a refund on your Headphones.