If your Hisense TV remote isn’t working, don’t worry – you can still reset your TV! In this article, we’ll discuss two methods for resetting your Hisense TV: a soft reset and a hard reset. We’ll also provide some troubleshooting tips if you’re having problems with your TV. Keep reading to learn more!
Soft Reset Your Hisense TV Without a Remote
Soft Reset will fix minor bugs and issues with the processor without touching any of your data and custom settings. So, before going for a hard or factory reset, you should try a soft reset to fix any issue you are having. Since hard reset will delete all of your data and configurations and restore the TV to its default settings, it should be reserved as the last weapon.
We have three different methods for soft resetting your Hisense TV without a remote. You can try each of them and see for yourself which one works best.
Method – 1
- Unplug your Hisense TV from the outlet or the power supply while it is powered on
- Wait for around 10 minutes and then press the physical or manual power button on your Hisense TV.
- Hold the press for 60 seconds and during the hold, plug the cord of your Hisense TV back into the power supply
- Repeat the same process after a few minutes and you are good to go.
Method – 2
- Locate the manual or physical buttons on the side panel of your Hisense TV.
- Once you find them, Press and hold the Volume Up and Menu (or Input) buttons together
- While still holding these buttons, press and release the power button after 5 seconds
- This is the second way to soft reset your Hisense TV
Method – 3
- Locate the “Volume Down” and the “menu or input” button and press them together
- While holding those two buttons, press and hold the power button as well
- Keep on holding until your Hisense TV shows a Blue light and stays powered on
- After around 10 seconds, release all the buttons
- If your Hisense TV displays a picture after a few seconds of release, the soft reset process is now complete.
Hard Reset your Hisense TV Without a Remote
If the soft reset methods without a TV remote don’t fix your problem with Hisense TV, you need to go for the Hard Reset method. You should be aware that Hard Reset will delete every setting and data on the TV and restore it to an out-of-box state.
You can follow the steps to proceed with a Hard Reset on your Hisense TV Without a Remote –
- You need to look around your Hisense TV and locate a reset button or a pinhole with the label “RESET”. It is usually present in the back or the bottom part of the TV
- Take a paperclip and bend it so that one end is pointy.
- Insert the pointy end into the pinhole. You will feet a small button or clip.
- Press and hold the button using the bent paper clip for around 15 seconds until your Hisense TV restarts
- And that is it! your Hisense TV is restored to its default settings.
How to Factory Reset a Hisense Roku TV without a Remote
If you own a Hisense Roku TV and are looking for a step-by-step method to hard reset it, you can follow the steps given below –
- Power on your Hisense Roku TV
- Search for the Reset button on the back or the bottom of your Hisense Roku TV
- Next, you can use a thin screwdriver or toothpick to press the RESET Button
- Keep holding the press until your Hisense Roku TV restarts
- Next, allow your Hisense Roku TV to reboot twice before adding your custom settings
How to Reset the Hisense Android TV without a remote (using Mobile App)
If you own a Hisense Android TV and you cannot find the Reset button or hole, you can still go on and hard reset it. All you need is a mobile phone and a specific app installed on it.
To perform a factory reset on your Hisense Android TV using a mobile app follow the steps given below –
Downloading and Installing the app
- Go to the Google Play Store or Apple App Store depending on your smartphone (Android or an iPhone)
- Search for the “Hisense Remote Now” app in the search bar.
- Once you find the app, download and install it from the store
- Once the app is installed, make sure that your Hisense Android TV and your smartphone are on the same WiFi network.
Resetting your Hisense Android TV without Remote
- Launch the “Hisense Remote Now” app on your smartphone
- Provide the name of your Hisense Android TV on the app and allow them to pair
- A PIN will appear on the TV screen. Note it down.
- Enter the PIN into the app and tap on Pair
- An onscreen remote will appear on your smartphone
- On the keypad of the remote on the app, press the upward arrow.
- Next, scroll to the Settings menu (the gear icon) using the directional buttons. It is provided on the upper right part of the app screen
- Tap on the “Ok” option to select the Settings Menu
- Next, Scroll down to the “Device Preferences” option and tap on “OK” on the remote
- Scroll down and you will find the “Reset” option
- Press the OK button on the remote
- Tap “Yes” to confirm the settings
- You will now allow the Reset process to complete.