If the audio from your Samsung TV is disrupted, this is a widespread problem that many individuals have. We’ll go through some options for retrieving your audio in this blog article. Continue reading to learn more about it.
Here is how you can solve the problem of your Samsung TV when there is no sound output from speakers or soundbars connected using the Optical Fibre.
Change Audio Output
The default audio output is TV’s internal speakers on Samsung TVs. So, if you connect external speakers or soundbar via the optical cable, you won’t get any output unless you change the audio output settings. To do so, you can follow the steps given below:
- Using the TV remote, go to the Settings Menu on your Samsung TV.
- Select or Navigate to the Sound option.
- Change the sound output from TV speakers to the Audio out/optical option.
- This should solve the issue.
Go to Expert Settings
If changing the Audio output to optical doesn’t solve your problem of no audio output via the optical, you will need to play with the expert settings. There might be a default audio format that is not supported by the optical connection.
For example, optical connections for speakers and soundbars won’t work if the input audio format is HDMI and the output audio format is digital.
To change the settings that are supported by the optical connection, you can follow these steps:
- On the settings menu of your Samsung TV, go to the “Sound” section.
- From there, navigate to the” Expert” Settings.
- In the Expert Settings, go to HDMI Input Audio and Digital Output Audio option.
- Change it to the PCM option which is supported by optical cables.
Change Audio/Sound Settings
The audio settings on your Samsung TV should be changed in order to get the output from the external speakers connected using the optical cable. To complete the setting change, you can follow the steps given below –
- On your Samsung TV, go to the Audio or Sound Settings using the remote or by pressing the manual Settings button
- From the list you see, select the Audio Out option
- Next, select the “Optical” option among many other options (internal TV Speakers, HDMI ARC, etc)
- After you choose the Optical option, you will next select the “Digital Out Sound (PCM)” option from another drop-down list.
- This should solve the issue of no sound with optical cable on your Samsung TV
After you have changed and adjusted all the settings as suggested above, your Samsung TV should start working properly and you should get quality audio output from the external speakers or soundbars.
You can play a media file and check whether the audio is coming out from the internal speakers of the Samsung TV or the external audio devices connected to your Samsung TV (Speakers, soundbars, etc).
If the issue is not solved, and the output is still coming from the internal speakers, you should consult a TV mechanic or Samsung customer care.