If your Sky remote isn’t working correctly, there are a few things you can try to get it up and running again. First, make sure that the batteries in your remote are fresh. If they’re not, replace them and see if that fixes the problem.
Examine the batteries:
It’s possible that one of the batteries is faulty. Try removing the batteries and putting them back in again to see if that makes a difference. Things to consider:
- Are they fresh?
- Are they the right type?
- Are they inserted correctly?
If your remote still isn’t working, there may be something blocking the infrared receiver on the front of the Skybox. Make sure there’s nothing in front of the box that could be causing this problem.
Clean the remote:
If there’s any dirt or grime build-up on the button, this can stop the remote from working properly. Gently clean the buttons with a soft cloth. You can also try using compressed air to blow any dust out of the button area.
Reset the Sky Box:
If the previous troubleshooting steps haven’t worked, you may need to reset your Sky box.
- Press the on/off button on your Sky Box for about five seconds.
- The red light will turn green after five seconds.
- Next, the system will turn off and reboot after a couple of seconds.
- Wait another 60 seconds before the Sky Box returns you to the channel you were viewing before the reboot.
Reset SKY+ HD Remote Control
To reset your SKY+ HD remote control, please follow these steps:
- Remove the batteries from your remote control.
- Press and hold the “Reset” button on the back of your remote control for about 30 seconds.
- Reinsert the batteries into your remote control and wait for a few moments for it to restart.
- Once your remote control has restarted, you should be able to use it as normal.
If your SKY remote still isn’t working, you may need to get a new one. You can contact SKY customer service to order a new remote control.