If you love listening to music and watching movies and care a lot about the quality of the sound then Powerbeats Pro is just for you! Powerbeats Pro are wireless Bluetooth earphones that are famous for amazing quality sound output.
This guide is for you if you have a pair of Powerbeats Pro earphones and want to connect them to your Windows device, especially your Windows laptop. If you are struggling to connect these great Powerbeats Pro In-Ear Earphones to your Windows device, read this blog to its end and follow the steps as mentioned. You will be able to sail through the process seamlessly.
STEPS TO CONNECT YOUR POWERBEATS PRO TO A WINDOWS 10 LAPTOP
Step – 1 – Turn On your Powerbeats Pro:
Your Powerbeats Pro wireless earphones come with a power button that needs to be pressed for about 5 seconds to turn them on. So press the power button and wait for it to blink.
- First, make sure that your Powerbeats Pro earphones are completely turned off.
- Now, hold down the power button on your Powerbeats Pro for 5 seconds and you will go into the pairing mode.
- When the pairing mode is on, you will be notified by the status light on your Powerbeats Pro which will start flashing
- Also, make sure your laptop is not connected to any other audio device via the Bluetooth or AUX cable port.
- Remove any such device from the connection as the laptop won’t recognize your Powerbeats Pro if it is connected to other audio devices
Step – 2 – Searching your device:
Open your laptop and go to the Bluetooth settings window and make sure that the “Bluetooth” option is turned on. After turning on your Bluetooth, you need to look for devices. You will see a list of all the available devices that can be connected to it in this list.
- After the pairing mode is active on your Powerbeats Pro earphones, it is time to turn on your laptop and go to the Bluetooth settings.
- Click on the Windows icon in the lower-left corner and click on settings or search for it.
- Select device and after that click on “Bluetooth & other device settings”.
- Or you can simply search Bluetooth in the search bar of your Windows icon.
Step – 3 – Connecting the two devices:
- Once you find the Bluetooth settings on your Windows 10 device, click on the option called “add another Bluetooth device”
- You will see a list of devices available for Bluetooth connection
- Select your device that is Powerbeats Pro earphones from the list while making sure that the pairing mode is still enabled on your Powerbeats Pro
- After the selection, the pairing process starts and it will take some time as some necessary drivers are auto-installed
- Finally, you will receive a notification once the device is ready to be used.
Step – 4- Successfully connected
After you follow each and every step, the light on your Powerbeats Pro earphones will stop blinking and it has been successfully paired to your Windows 10 laptop
How to Connect Powerbeats Pro to a Windows 10 Desktop PC?
It is common for Desktop PCs not to have an internal Bluetooth device installed on the motherboard. So, you might not connect your Powerbeats Pro to your Windows 10 Desktop PC straightaway.
You can purchase an external USB Bluetooth Adapter to enable Bluetooth functionality on your Windows 10 Desktop PC.
- These USB Bluetooth adapters are available easily on marketplaces like Amazon and are quite cost-friendly
- You can purchase and simply plug it into one of the USB ports of your Desktop.
- After being plugged, the Windows 10 OS on your Desktop will install the necessary drivers for the external USB Bluetooth adapter automatically and you will receive a notification saying “your device is ready to use”
- Now you can connect your Powerbeats Pro Wireless earphones to your Windows 10 desktop as suggested above.
Reasons for failed connection between Powerbeats Pro earphones and Windows 10 device
There might be some explicit or latent issues with either of the devices which leads to failure of connection.
1. Drivers are Missing
The Bluetooth driver on your laptop might be outdated. Make sure it is up to date. If you have no idea about it, go to Windows Update in the settings and click on “check updates”. If any drivers are outdated or even missing, Windows will automatically find on the web and install or update them to their latest version
2. Windows is not able to find your device Powerbeats Pro
Sometimes, Windows 10 scans for Bluetooth devices and fails to find them. So you might not see your Powerbeats Pro earphones listed in the available devices list in the Bluetooth settings. If this is the issue then one of the solutions mentioned below might do the job for you.
- Your Powerbeats Pro might be connected to other devices like your smartphone or a MacBook via Bluetooth. In such cases, the Bluetooth of the Powerbeats Pro is not available for pairing. You can simply turn off the Bluetooth of all other such devices and try to connect your Windows 10 to your Powerbeats Pro earphones once again.
- Make sure the light on the Powerbeats Pro is blinking which indicates it is ready for pairing. If the blinking is not there, press and hold the power button for 5 to 10 seconds and the light will start flashing again
- Your laptop might be an old one without an internal Bluetooth adapter. In such a situation, you can hook up an external USB Bluetooth adapter like that for a desktop and you should be good to go.
Another great feature about Powerbeats Pro apart from the awesome sound quality is compatibility. It is compatible with all operating systems like Windows 10, Windows 7, iOS, and Android. All you have to make sure is Bluetooth is working fine on your device.