Do you want to connect JBL speakers to your TV but don’t know how? In this blog post, we will show you three different ways to do it! Whether you have Bluetooth or not, we have the perfect solution for you. Keep reading to learn more.
Connect JBL Speakers to TV via Bluetooth
All portable speakers from JBL come with built-in Bluetooth for wireless connectivity to the source device. So, if your source device is a TV and it too has built-in Bluetooth, you can pair both the devices rather easily in a wireless manner. This way of your JBL speaker to your TV is so convenient that it is loved by a wide population of users.
Furthermore, it takes away all the complications of a wired connection or any extra accessories. So, all you need to make sure that your TV works with Bluetooth and you are good to go.
Here is how you can connect your JBL Bluetooth speakers to your TV via Bluetooth.
1. Check Bluetooth on your TV
- Go to the settings of your TV using the TV remote
- From there go to the “ sound output” option
- If you see the “Bluetooth Speaker list” present there then it means that your TV (Samsung here) is compatible with Bluetooth speakers.
- If you own a different TV brand than Samsung, you can check the features on the booklet that came with your TV or on the official website of your TV
- Once you are sure that your TV has built-in Bluetooth, move to the next step.
2. Put JBL Speakers into pairing mode
- To enable pairing mode on your JBL Speakers, press the Bluetooth button. The Blue LED will start blinking.
- Also, make sure your JBL Speaker is discoverable which means that it is not connected to any other source device.
3. Go to the list of available Bluetooth devices on your TV
- The method to reach this list might differ from model to model. So, keep the manual handy for assistance.
- On Samsung TV, you can go to settings >> sounds >> sound output
- Find the “Bluetooth speakers’ list and click on it
- You see your JBL Speaker in the list of devices available for pairing
- Select your JBL device from the list to pair it with your TV
- It will take a few seconds and both the devices will be connected over Bluetooth
4. Check if the audio is playing through your JBL Speakers
This is the final step where you need to play a media file (audio or video) on your TV and check if the sound is coming out of the paired JBL Speakers rather than the internal speakers of your TV. If you hear the sound coming out of the speakers, the work is done here!
Connect JBL Speaker To TV Without Bluetooth
If you own a slightly older TV that doesn’t support connection over Bluetooth, you need to use wires to connect your JBL Speakers to your TV. The AUX cable is the most widely used wire to connect a speaker to a source device (laptops, smartphones, PC). It is a simple 3.5 mm jack and is quite inexpensive to buy.
1. Make sure your TV has an AUX port
Before you head to your nearest electronic store to buy an AUX cable, make sure your TV has a dedicated AUX port for audio output that is functional. You can plug in your wired earphones or headphones to confirm the integrity of the functionality of the port.
2. Buy an AUX Cable
Since you have confirmed the presence of an AUX port for audio output on your TV, you can purchase a good quality AUX cable from the nearest electronic store or on online marketplaces like Amazon. Check the reviews for the product before you place an order. You will have a good idea about the quality of the cable. You might have one at home too as it is quite common.
3. Plug the AUX cable
Now that you have your hands on the AUX cable, plug one end of the AUX cable into your JBL Speakers and the other end into your TV.
4. Change Audio Output on TV
Open the settings on your TV using the remote and in the audio section change the output to AUX if needed.
5. Play on TV and Test the Audio output
Now that the wires are connected properly, play your media content on your TV and check if the audio output is coming from the JBL speakers or not.
How to connect JBL Speakers via Bluetooth without Bluetooth on TV?
If you want to connect your JBL Speakers to your TV that doesn’t have an inbuilt Bluetooth, you will need to buy a Bluetooth Audio Adapter device. Bluetooth Audio Adapter is a small device that can be plugged into another source device that will allow it to send sound via Bluetooth without the need for any wire.
There are some really good-quality Bluetooth Audio Adapters available. Some of them are –
- Avantree AudiKast Plus
- Avantree Oasis Plus
- Avantree Orbit
You can get all of these Bluetooth Audio adapters on Amazon or other online marketplaces easily. Once you get any one of the above, you need to follow the steps given below to complete the pairing of your JBL Headphones with your TV (without Bluetooth)
- Plug the Bluetooth Audio Adapter into a power source using the Micro-USB cable.
- Next, connect it to your TV via the USB port
- Next, switch on the Bluetooth by pressing or flipping the power switch or some other provided separate button. Refer to the manual for more clarity.
- The Bluetooth Audio Adapter will turn on its “Bluetooth Pairing mode”
- Now, turn on your JBL speakers and enable the Bluetooth Pairing mode by pressing the Bluetooth button or the power button
- Keep both the devices at a proximal distance from each other and within a few seconds, they will connect to each other automatically.
- The Bluetooth Audio adapter essentially works as a bridge between your TV and your JBL speakers
Now, you can play your media content on your TV and check if the output audio is coming out from the JBL speakers or not.