Explore three different methods for connecting JBL Soundbar to your TV – via HDMI (ARC), optical cable, and Bluetooth. Let’s get started!
Do you have a JBL soundbar and want to connect it to your TV? In this guide, we will show you three different ways to do that – using HDMI (ARC), optical cable, or Bluetooth. We will also provide some tips on how to get the best sound quality from your soundbar. Let’s get started!
Also Read: How to Connect Multiple JBL Speakers together?
How to Connect JBL Soundbar to TV Using HDMI (ARC)?
The quickest and most efficient method to connect your JBL Soundbar to your TV is via HDMI (ARC). Another nice benefit of using HDMI (ARC) is that you may operate both the television and the JBL Soundbar with a single remote.
Now that you know about the benefits of HDMI ARC connection, follow these steps to connect your JBL Soundbar to your TV:
- Locate the HDMI ARC port on your JBL Soundbar. It looks like any other HDMI port with an “ARC” written under it. You can refer to the instruction manual that came with your JBL Soundbar for help.
- Next, locate the HDMI ARC port on your TV as well. It is generally provided at the back of the TV
- Get an HDMI cable and plug one end of the cable into the TV’s port and the other end into the JBL Soundbar’s HDMI ARC port.
- Now, power on your TV and Soundbar
- Go to the Settings menu on your TV and enable HDMI CEC along with HDMI ARC settings.
- Now, you can play your content on your TV and check whether the sound is coming from the JBL Soundbar or not.
Note: The method for enabling HDMI CEC and ARC differs from one TV brand to another. You can consult the official web page or the instruction manual for the same.
How to Connect JBL Soundbar to TV Using Optical Cable?
Optical Cable is the second-best option for connecting your JBL Soundbar to a TV. Optical connections, while offering nearly comparable audio quality as HDMI ARC, do not support all recent audio codecs. When it comes to HDMI ARC, it can handle audio formats such as Dolby TrueHD, DTS, and Blue-ray in addition to video signal transmission. Optical cables are unable to support all of these modern codecs. However, when the HDMI ARC fails, they become an acceptable alternative.
Here are the steps to follow to connect your JBL Soundbar to your TV using Optical Cable:
- First, locate the optical cable ports on your JBL Soundbar and your TV.
- Take a good-quality optical cable that reaches both your devices without any tautness.
- Now, connect one end of the optical cable to the respective port on your JBL Soundbar and the other end of the cable to the optical port on your TV.
- Turn on both your devices viz. Your JBL Soundbar and your TV.
- Change the Audio settings to output audio via the optical option.
- Play your favorite video on your TV and the sound will come out of your JBL Soundbar.
How to Connect JBL Soundbar to TV via Bluetooth?
Bluetooth is most likely not the greatest choice for connecting your JBL Soundbar to your TV, but it is still the simplest. There is no hassle of connecting any wires for the sound output. The sound output may have a delay, and the connection might be unreliable.
To connect your JBL Soundbar to your television using Bluetooth, follow these basic steps:
- First, power on your JBL Soundbar and your TV.
- Make sure that your TV has a Bluetooth feature.
- Now, enable Bluetooth on your JBL Soundbar either by using the remote or pressing the dedicated Bluetooth button on the soundbar.
- You will know your JBL Soundbar is ready for pairing when the blue LED starts flashing.
- Now, on your TV, enable Bluetooth and it will search for nearby devices.
- Once the list of devices is available, you can select your JBL soundbar from the list.
- When the connection or pairing is successful, the blue LED will be a solid Blue.
- Now, try playing media on your TV and the sound will come from your JBL Soundbar.
Now that you know how to connect your JBL Soundbar to a TV using different methods, you can choose the one that is most convenient for you. If you are not sure about which port to use on your devices or if HDMI CEC and ARC settings need to be enabled, consult the instruction manual that came with your products. Have fun watching movies and listening to music with the great sound quality!