August Smart Locks have been around for some time now. It has added new features to its Smart Lock and it’s one of our favorite smart locks on the market. With built-in wifi, you don’t need the August Connect Wifi Bridge to connect it to Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa.
Easy installation and smaller size are some of the few reasons why August Door Lock is so popular. All you need to install the lock is the manual, a screwdriver, and 10 minutes.
List of August Home Smart Locks
- August Wifi smart lock
- August Smart Lock Pro
- August smart lock
August Home Locks Comparison
|Wifi smart lock||Smart lock pro + wifi connect bridge||Smart lock + Connect Wifi Bridge||Smart lock|
|Wifi built in to lock||Yes||No||No||No|
|Wifi bridge included||No||Yes||Yes||No|
|Remote access (requires wifi)||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Works with siri and homekit||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|Works with amazon alexa( requires wifi )||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Works with google assistant (requires wifi)||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Z-wave plus support||No||Yes||No||No|
|Price at the time of writing||$199.99||$229.99||$199.99||$149.99|
Recommended: August Wifi Smart Lock
August Wifi Smart Lock is the best smart door lock we recommend from the August product range because it is easy to install and is not pricey as its cousin Smart Lock Pro.
This smart lock is much better than its counterparts thanks to its small size which is 45 percent smaller, built-in wifi, and other features. Plus, you don’t need the August Connect Bridge to link it to your wifi.
Here are the features which make it the best smart lock
- Easy to install.
- DoorSense will notify you if the door is left open.
- Easy Integration with other smart home systems including Google Home, Amazon Alexa, and many more.
Connecting to Google Home, Amazon Alexa, and Apple Homekit
You can easily connect your August Wifi Smart Lock to smart home hubs without August Connect Wi-Fi Bridge as it has built-in wifi. However, if your smart lock doesn’t have wifi built-in, you will need an August Connect Bridge to connect it to Google Home, as Google Assistant can’t talk directly to the August Wifi bridge.
How To Connect August Door Lock With Google Home?
Before connecting your Smart lock to Google Home, make sure your lock and Google Home are connected to wifi and power source. Follow the steps to
- Launch the Google Home application.
- Tap Add (+) on the top-right.
- Select Set up a device.
- Choose “Have something already up”.
- Search for August Home.
- Login-in and verify your August account.
- Agree to allow Google to operate your August Smart Locks
- Next, select a security code/PIN. Use a memorable code as this is needed to operate your lock using Google Home.
Now you can control your August Door Lock using these commands on Google Home.
- To lock your door: “OK Google, lock my front door”
- To open your door: “OK Google, open my front door”
- To check if your door is locked: “OK Google, is my front door locked?”
How To Connect August Door Lock With Amazon Alexa?
August Wifi Smart Lock works with all Alexa-enabled devices. Once connected, you can control your door with just your voice. Follow these steps to connect your Wifi Smart Lock to alexa:
- Launch and log into the Amazon Alexa app
- Select the Alexa navigation menu and go to Skills
- Search for “august”
- Enable the Skill by logging in with your August account credentials.
Now you can control your August Door Lock using these commands on Amazon Alexa
- To lock your door: “Alexa, lock my front door”
- To open your door: “Alexa, open my front door”
- To check if your door is locked: “Alexa, is my front door locked?”
How To Connect August Door Lock With Apple Homekit?
- Launch August app.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Lock settings.
- Under Platforms, select Homekit settings.
- Click Enable Homekit.
- Locate the Homekit code by removing the faceplate on the front of your Smart Lock.
- Scan the code.
- Choose Select this lock.
- Select your Homekit.
- Select Finish to complete the setup.
Now you can control your August Door Lock using these commands on Apple Homekit.
- To lock your door: “Siri, lock my front door”
- To open your door: “Siri, open my front door”
- To check if your door is locked: “Siri, is my front door closed?”