If you are looking for unlimited broadband plans with anytime call packages, you have landed on the right page. This guide is all about that.
This extensively comprehensive guide will provide you all the details about the best “unlimited broadband deals with any time calls” in the UK and answer some of the frequently asked questions at the end of the guide.
Best unlimited broadband and anytime call deals
NOW Broadband Fab Fibre and Anytime Call
NOW offers unlimited download and free anytime calls with all of their broadband plans. This simply means that all of their broadband options are uncapped without any tricky hidden charges.
- The Fab Fibre plan is the standard one that NOW offers which has an average download speed of 36 Mbps
- The Super Fibre broadband plan offers an average speed of around 63 Mbps
- The Free Anytime calls service is included in both the plans for the first 12 months of the contract and you will have to pay £8 per month
- The Fab Fibre broadband plan comes with unlimited downloads for both of the plans above
- You can also add an extra Entertainment Membership for 12 months at £5.99 per month
- The length of the contract is for 12 months
- If you are currently on any other operator like BT, TalkTalk, EE, or Plusnet, then NOW will make the switching hassle-free as they will deal with your current plan provider
With a contract length of 12 months, one might expect that the upfront charges will be high. But, that is not the case with NOW. All they charge is a £5 delivery charge for sending you a new wireless router.
- Great offer at a great price, hard to beat this combination
- All the broadband plans come with anytime calls offer
- Cheap upfront charges for a short contract
- Not setup costs
- None that we see
Price – The Fab Fibre Plan – £20 per month
The Super Fibre Plan – £22 per month
John Lewis Unlimited Broadband With Phone
John Lewis Broadband is another alternative for affordable broadband along with Anytime calls package. With John Lewis, an element of flexibility is added with call plans as they offer three different call plans. The only drawback is, the call plans are charged right from the beginning of the contract unlike NOW broadband plans that offer a free anytime call service for the first 12 months.
- John Lewis unlimited broadband plan offers an average download speed of 36 Mbps
- The broadband plan cost includes router and Evening & Weekend call plans
- There are no hidden charges for activation or usage caps. It is an unlimited plan in a true sense
- The cost of plans is the same everywhere in the UK including the remote rural areas
- Comes with a short 12-month contract without any hefty upfront charges
- 24/7 customer support available on a freephone number.
- You can access your online portal and manage your account yourself
- There are three anytime call plans to make inclusive calls to UK landlines
- Evening & Weekend (Included in the broadband plan)
- Anytime call plan ( additional £6.28 per month)
- Anytime and International call plan (an extra £8.37 per month)
- Mobile Bolt-on plan is available with Anytime OR Anytime & International call plans that allow you to make inclusive calls to UK mobiles. It will cost you an extra £5 per month
- Easy to make custom unlimited broadband plans with calling package
- You pay for plans that you need
- There are no upfront setup costs
- 12-month contracts
- Calls to UK mobile numbers are charged extra
Price – £24 per month for the first 12 months and £42.47 after the renewal of the contract
The cost for call plans are charged additionally as mentioned above
Shell Energy Fibre Broadband with Anytime Plus Calling Plan
Shell Energy Fibre Broadband offers cheap and fast broadband deals with anytime calling plans for your work and streaming tasks.
- There are no price hikes at the termination of the initial contract period unlike other providers like John Lewis
- There is no upfront activation or setup cost. If you wish to install a new telephone line, then you will have to pay an amount of £60.
- The internet speed is great and the data limit is unlimited in a true sense without any hidden restrictions. You can download and upload as much as you can.
- The cost of line rental and router is included without any extra charge
- There are four plans to choose from
- Fast Broadband (11 Mbps)
- Superfast Fibre (35 Mbps)
- Superfast Fibre Plus (63 Mbps)
- Ultrafast Fibre (290 Mbps)
- All the broadband plans come with “pay as you go” calls. But, you can add an extra calling package to this as per your need. There are three calling plans to choose from-
- Evening and weekend call plans
- Anytime call plans
- International call packages
- Flexible calling packages
- Zero cost for setup
- The prices are not hiked at the end of the contract
- A contract period of 18 months
- Superfast Fibre Plus – £25.99 per month
- Superfast Fibre – £21.99 per month
- Fast Broadband – £16.99 per month
- Calling to UK landlines and mobiles: 13.00p per minute (pay as you go)
- International landline calls – 25.00p per minute
- International mobile calls – 50.00p per minute
Plusnet Unlimited Fibre + Anytime calls
Plusnet has a good range of broadband plans with unlimited data for you. There are three plans altogether to choose from and each of these plans can be added with inclusive calls to landlines and mobiles in the UK.
- The deals are not limited to online customers and you get the same deals over the phone as well
- Comes with account reviews and end of contract reminders
- Standard features like online security and parental controls
- WiFi router and line rental included for a great broadband performance
- Offers you exclusive BT Sport deals after everything is set up and running
- There are two Fibre Optics broadband plans to choose from
- Unlimited Fibre Extra with an average download speed of 66 Mbps
- Unlimited Fibre with an average download speed of 36 Mbps
- Each of the plans is currently offering a £50.00 Plusnet reward card
- The Calling feature can be added as a “pay as you go” plan
- The broadband with anytime calls deal comes only when you sign an 18 months contract. The broadband-only deals can be purchased by committing to a contract of 12 months
- Unlimited fast fiber broadband at a good price
- Unlimited anytime calls can be added at an affordable cost
- No upfront costs or activation fee
- Lengthy contract of 18 months
- Unlimited Fibre Extra – £24.99 per month
- Unlimited Fibre – £22.99 per month
- Pay as you go calling plans
- Calls to national landlines – 13.50p
- Calls to national mobiles – 15.0p
- Calls to international landlines – 19.90p to 70.90p depending on countries
- Calls to international mobiles – 19.90p to 101.60p depending on countries
EE Unlimited Broadband with Anytime Calls
EE stands out in the list of broadband service providers due to one particular reason, they offer their customers a large range of unlimited broadband plans with different average download speeds. The range of speed starts at 10 Mbps and goes all the way up to 900 Mbps. This is quite unusual for an Openreach Internet Service Provider. They also have a broadband product without a phone line, which is their weapon of attraction on their website.
- All EE unlimited broadband plans come with a year of free subscription to Norton Security Premium that can protect up to 10 devices at once.
- Easy to switch as EE itself deals with your old operator and provides you with £50 credit if your old operator charges you for early cancellation.
- There are 6 broadband plans to choose from with different average speeds.
- Standard – 10 Mbps
- Fibre – 36 Mbps
- Fibre Plus – 67 Mbps
- Fibre Max 100 – 100 Mbps
- Fibre Max 300 – 300 Mbps
- Full Fibre Max 900 Mbps
- The first three plans in the list above come with free 5 GB of mobile data
- The last three plans come with free 20 GB of mobile data every month
- The length of the contract is 24 months, to begin with.
- Great variety of broadband speeds
- Excellent value for money
- Unlimited international call packages are available as well
- Calls to UK mobiles are limited to 1500 monthly minutes – no unlimited call packages
- A contract of 24 months
- Standard – £22.50 per month
- Fibre – £27 per month
- Fibre Plus – £31 per month
- Fibre Max 100 – £39 per month
- Fibre Max 300 – £47 per month
- Full Fibre Max 900 – £60 per month
- Landline cost – £8 per month extra
BT Full Fibre 1 with Unlimited Minutes
With BT, the way you choose a broadband deal is different. Basically, you need to find a broadband plan for yourself and then add extra features like BT Sport at the checkout. You don’t have to buy specific broadband and home phone deal.
- For anytime calls with BT Full Fibre 1, you have to add their unlimited minutes’ add-on to one of their regular broadband plans.
- Make sure you have checked the “Add landline phone service” button on their broadband deals page. Else, you won’t see these call plans options.
- There are no unlimited phone calls included with the original broadband plan
- The cost for anytime landline calls package is quite expensive compared to other providers
- If shelling out extra cash is not an issue, then you get a fully connected package with BT. They offer one of the best WiFi routers and extenders to make sure the signal is strong and reliable.
- With their “ International Freedom” add-on for £9 per month, you can also get inclusive international calls.
- With BT broadband plans, you get a minimum speed guarantee rather than an average speed. So, your internet speed is always up and running.
- Lots of choices for add-ons for new customers
- Great quality broadband with a minimum speed guarantee
- For a decent cost, you get international call packages
- Pricey compared to other deals from other providers
- Setup is not free
Monthly cost – £26.99 per month for average download speed of 50 Mbps
Setup cost – £9.99 per month
Which Providers offer Unlimited broadband in the UK?
Unlimited broadband is the new way to provide internet service. These days, almost all the broadband providers in the UK offer unlimited and uncapped broadband at a decent speed with their packages. Thus, the days of restricted data usage are gone.
You can stream videos all the time and play games online without worrying about exhausting your data limit. While this is the case for fixed-line or wireless broadband, your mobile broadband still might come with a data usage cap.
To name some of the best-unlimited broadband providers apart from the discussed above in the UK, here is a list:
- Shell Energy Superfast Fibre
- TalkTalk Online exclusive Fibre 65
- Virgin Mobile Ultrafast M100 Fibre Broadband
- Vodafone Superfast 2
- Vodafone Superfast 1
- Sky Superfast Broadband
Which providers offer broadband with free anytime calls in the UK?
While many service providers offer broadband with free anytime calls in the UK, these offers are for new customers only. These providers are-
- John Lewis
- Now Broadband
- Shell Energy Broadband
Does anytime calling involve any usage limits?
Anytime calling implies that you can make calls via your home landline at any time including weekends. This also means unlimited calls. But, there is a restriction for locations you can make calls to. You cannot make calls anywhere you want. With the most standard plans, you should be able to make calls to UK landlines and mobile phones. For calling places outside the UK, you will have to pay extra money or you need to upgrade your plan for such calls which come at an extra cost.
Also, there is a chance that your ISP can charge you additionally for calls that are longer than 60 minutes. After this point, you will have to pay per minute for the call. The simple hack is to hang up at this point and call back to start the timer again.
Is unlimited broadband truly unlimited?
Before 2020, the Internet Service Providers (ISPs) in the UK used to function under a “fair usage” policy that would limit your internet speed for downloading extensively. This was even the case for an unlimited broadband connection.
But, since the dawn of 2020, this fair usage crap and internet usage caps on broadband plans are almost non-existent and almost all the ISPs in the UK offer truly unlimited data to their new customers.
However, there are other use policies that ISPs have. They might restrict you from performing corporate and business tasks on your home internet connection. The case is different for the Work from the Home scenario. But, explicitly, they don’t have rules on the limit of data when it comes to unlimited broadband plans.
Can I get an Anytime International call plan?
Some of the ISPs like EE and John Lewis offer an “Anytime International call plan” for an additional charge per month. With Anytime call you are free to call all the UK mobiles and UK landlines including weekends and evenings without any extra cost. And If you want to make international calls, you can buy a plan for the same from the website of your service provider.
Another way to make international calls is to use the current free anytime calls. Nothing is stopping you from doing that but you will have to pay the additional amount as per the call tariff rate.
Which is the cheapest unlimited broadband and anytime calls provider?
The “Fab Fibre” broadband plan from NOW is at the top when it comes to the cheapest unlimited broadband and anytime calls package. With an average download speed of 36 Mbps, the plan will cost you £20 per month and the anytime calls are inclusive for the first 12 months.
Other service providers include EE and Plusnet that offer affordable unlimited broadband and anytime call service.
The plans from John Lewis are great as well in terms of flexibility of anytime call packages, but the per month cost increases after 12 months of the contract.
Can I get unlimited fibre broadband and anytime calls?
Fiber broadband is the latest game-changer in the world of broadband services. The speed is ultrafast and reliable. While checking for such plans online, most of the service providers offer “broadband-only” deals for fiber broadband. The phone call packages are not included in that.
But, there are certain broadband providers like Virgin Media that offer unlimited fiber-optic broadband with anytime calls included. If Virgin Media is not available in your location, then you can go with BT for ultrafast fiber-optic broadband and you can get a reasonable landline calling minutes package.
How much does broadband with anytime calls cost?
If you wish to know the cost of adding an anytime calls package to your broadband plan, you can simply check the same broadband plans of a particular provider with and without any anytime calls plan included.
Normally, the trend shows that you need to shell out an extra £8 to £15 per month if you want anytime calls offered with the broadband plan. You can extend your comparison and check for phone minute bundles that consist of weekend calls and those that don’t. This will further give you a clear idea of what exactly you are paying for.
If you find these extra costs too much for making calls, then you can always resort to apps like WhatsApp which comes with a free calling feature over the WiFi network. If you are someone who makes occasional landline calls, then you can also opt for paying as you go for each calling minute you use.
The next cost to consider is the setup cost which is not included or shown explicitly in the monthly price. The shorter contracts are charged with higher upfront prices and these prices are low for a lengthy contract of say 18 months or 24 months.
The final aspect to consider while estimating broadband with anytime calls is the cost of extra features that you choose to include. This can be a TV package or any other Entertainment package which will simply increase your per month cost of the broadband bundle.
Do I really need anytime calls or should I pay as you go?
This depends on how much you use your home landline connection to make calls and what are locations you make calls to. If you are someone who makes regular evening and weekend calls via landline, then the need for anytime calls is right there. Else, if there are other ways you can make contacts or have a conversation, then you can go for pay as you go service.
Most of the service providers in the UK offer unlimited calling only to UK mobiles and landlines. Thus, making a call to some other location outside the UK is bound to cost you the extra cost per minute.
There are some service providers like EE that offer a bundle of broadband and mobile phone deals. This can save you some money compared to the strategy above. But this offer might not be available everywhere. So, if you make calls rarely using your landline, you can opt for this bundle package.
Can I keep my phone number if I switch broadband providers?
Yes, you can keep your original landline phone number even if you change your broadband Internet Service Provider (ISP). You need to let your new provider know about your decision when you change your broadband service provider. You can opt for this when you check out online. They will make sure that your number doesn’t change when they provide you with a new connection of unlimited broadband and anytime calls package.